Intensive Technical Assistance
We support Parent Centers who serve military families of children and youth with disabilities.
Our intent: Parent Centers who request intensive technical assistance will increase their capacity to support military families and have sustained, effective relationships with the personnel on the military installations in their areas.
We offer every Parent Center staff and/or Parent Center– One-to-one support for your work.
• Research and answer your questions
• Best practices for outreach to military families for specific locations and situations
• Help you select the best resources (from the Branch and your Parent Center) for the military community
• Listen to you and learn from your experiences
• Help you connect with an installation’s personnel
• Opportunities to offer, or co-participate in online or in-person trainings. Trainings offered to military families benefit your Parent Center because:
- they are a platform for the Parent Center to become further known, acknowledged, and respected in the military community that resides in their own back yard
- military families become familiar with their Parent Center and know there is someone they can trust and contact for assistance
- the military connected professional (i.e., Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) staff, School Liaison Officers (SLO), etc.) become aware of the Parent Center Network and further utilize the services the Parent Center provides by referring families and requesting additional trainings on the installation