We support Parent Centers who serve military families of children and youth with disabilities.
Coast to coast, and in the U.S. Territories. If you work in a parent center, we assist you.
Our purpose: To build the capacity of Parent Centers to provide effective services to military families of children and youth with disabilities.
We offer three (3) levels of technical assistance, tailored to your needs – professionally and for the capacity of your Parent Center.
- Universal Technical Assistance
• Our intent: Parent Centers will have access to high-quality, relevant, useful, and accurate information on topics that increase your effectiveness when working with military families.
• We offer you: Information, sorted by three categories on this website, interactive maps to connect you with military-connected professionals or entities in your State and region, e-newsletters, and downloadable products. Information for your work.
- Targeted Technical Assistance
• Our intent: Parent Centers in the 12 States with the highest military representation will establish and develop sustained, effective relationships with the personnel on the military installations within their States.
• We offer parent centers in 12 States: Information and training, a private Facebook group to connect, network, and learn with one another, and create opportunities with one another and military installations and their personnel. Connections for your work.
- Intensive Technical Assistance
• Our intent: Parent Centers who request intensive technical assistance will increase their capacity to support military families and have sustained, effective relationships with the personnel on the military installations in their areas.
• We offer every Parent Center staff and/or Parent Center: Listen to you and what you are experiencing to help you leverage resources, provide support, and get you information tailored to you and your Parent Center’s needs. This includes support to co-present at workshops in-person or online with military families in your state. One-to-one support for your work.
A quick way to remember what we do for you:
Universal is “grab and go” information found on this website.
Targeted is the top 12 States, networking, sharing and building resources for all Parent Centers.
Intensive is you and/or your center. How can we assist your work with military families?