What is it?
Military OneSource is a Department of Defense-funded program providing comprehensive information, referral and assistance on every aspect of military life. It is both a call center only for DoD Service Members and their families and a website available to any person who “signs up” as a provider. Military OneSource services are available worldwide, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at no cost to service members, their families and survivors.
Here are some of the many useful resources available:
- Articles on various disability related topics. (e.g. Americans with Disabilities Act, Education Directory for Children With Special Needs, etc.)
- Audio and Video (e.g. Military Youth Coping with Separation: When Family Members Deploy, Mr. Poe and Friends Discuss Family Reunion After Deployment, etc.)
- Books and Booklets (e.g. Bullying is a Pain in the Brain, Over There, etc.)
- CD’s and DVD’s (e.g. Sesame Street’s Little Children, Big Challenges: Resilience, Double Duty: Staying Connected with your Kids When You’re a Deployed Dad, etc.)
- Resources Guides (e.g. Directory of Early Intervention, Special Education and Related Services in OCONUS Communities, Guide for Adults with Special Needs, etc.)
- And so much more!
How do you log in and start your exploration into what Military OneSource offers?
Go to http://www.militaryonesource.mil/. Click Login in the upper right-hand corner. This will guide you to a page that asks if you want to proceed to a non-secure site; please click Proceed to Login. Read the DOD Notice and Consent, then consent by choosing the option indicating you have read and understand the statement, etc. Now select Register Now (indicated with an aqua color on the right side of the page in the gray field).
Once you reach the area shown below, you need to indicate you are a DoD Service Provider under Role (an additional drop-down will populate in which you will need to select Affiliation as Other-Not Listed), you are a DoD Civilian under Service, and DoD Service Provider under Service Status.
Once you Continue to Step 2 you will be prompted to create a password, choose security questions and answer them. Then Submit Your Request. Now you have access to great resources and so much more.
For a PDF version of this document, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling 253.565.2266, ext. 112